Citect is our preferred SCADA package. Citect is one of
the worlds leading providers of SCADA systems and is renown for service and
support, not to mention reliability.
Check out some of our previous projects utilising the Citect
Schneider's Premium series is our preferred brand of PLC's to use. We have
had extensive experience with this range, having used both the PL7 Pro and Unity software packages.
We have also completed projects using Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, Mitsubishi and
HMI is an acronym for "Human Machine Interface", meaning a
device usually containing some sort of screen and possibly buttons as well.
Some HMI's are touch screens, meaning the operator can control a machine or
process by simply pressing on this screen. We have used many types of
HMI's to control equipment and have found the most effective for cost and
functionality is either the Redlion G308 series, or the Schneider XBTG Magelis
The G308 can communicate with various brands of PLC's and has a color
touchscreen. The screen is programmed with the free Crimson software.
It also boasts the following features;
- 8.4" 256-color 640x480 TFT Display (G308A)
- 7.7" 256-color 640x480 DSTN Display (G308C)
- 3rd Generation HMI from Red Lion
- Configured using Crimson 2.0 Software (Must use Build 187 or later for
- Powerful 32-bit ColdFire Processor
- Configuration and Firmware are Stored in 8MB of Non-volatile FLASH Memory
- Resistive Analog Touchscreen
- Dedicated MENU Key and 6 Soft-Keys
- Integrated Protocol Converter
- Up to 5 RS-232/422/485 Serial Ports
- 10-Base-T/100-Base-TX Ethernet Port
- Remote Web Access and Control Facility
- USB Port for Configuration Download
- Compact Flash Socket
- UL Listed for use in Hazardous Locations. (See literature for class
and division details.)
- NEMA 4X / IP66 Front Panel
- 24V DC Operation
The XBTG series of HMI's can communicate with various various brands of
PLC's, and has the options of color and touch screens in various sizes.
- Wide range of screen sizes to fit any application
- Comprehensive dynamic object library reduces configuration time.
- Embedded Ethernet TCP/IP and Multi-link for multifunction terminals
ensure flexibility and performance.
- Open to web technology with Java scripting
- Ethernet, Modbus, ModbusPlus, Modbus TCP/IP, Unitelway and third party
- User friendly recipe handling tool
We presently create all electrical drawings using AutoCad software.